Finally…A non-invasive, non-surgical knee pain treatment, from you to beat your knee pain!
It’s true, and the best part about it is that it’s the latest, cutting-edge, non-surgical, non-drug breakthroughs in knee pain treatment.
But before we talk about what makes our knee pain treatment unique and revolutionary, let’s talk about the “traditional” medical model for knee pain treatment.
Traditional Medical Model for Knee Pain Treatment:
Picture this scenario, perhaps 30+ years ago, you injured your knee as teenager. Playing some kind of sport, awkwardly twisting your knee, or maybe worse, tearing the ligaments inside your knee. Perhaps you even had surgery, or in the very least you saw a doctor, and my have tried to do physical therapy. Worse yet, you didn’t do any form of knee pain treatment, except for taking some pain medication when it first happened. Whatever the case, your knee problem never really healed properly, and you’ve been dealing with it for who know how long.
Or perhaps you never really had a knee injury per se, but over the years (or decades), slowly but surely, the fact that your not as active anymore, your knee pain has become more and more of a nuisance. Add to that, the fact that you’ve put on some weight, certainly that doesn’t help.
So you go see your doctor, and perhaps she orders an x-ray which doesn’t give very much information except for the terms “Mr Jones….you have osteoarthritis”. From there, your doctor may recommend very limited options for knee pain treatment.
1) Physical Therapy:
So you go for physical therapy, for 3x/week for 4 weeks. If your lucky, you get some relief, or even better, your knee pain goes away altogether. More likely, the physical therapy doesn’t help, and in fact, it seems to have made your knee pain worse. So back you go to your doctor for other alternative knee pain treatment suggestions.
2) Pain Management:
After unsuccessfully trying to fix your knee pain with PT, your doctor now rights you a series of prescriptions. Pain killers, muscles relaxers, and anti-inflammtories. These seem to help, but for not long enough. Besides, you know deep down, that this form of knee pain treatment is not really doing anything physiologically to actually address the knee pathology. With repeated use, you also know that these medications can be dangerous. That’s because your liver and kidneys have to detoxify and clear this medication from the body. Back to the doctor for another knee pain treatment suggestion
This is really your last option. You definitely don’t want to go there. But perhaps you are really giving it consideration, simply because your nagging knee pain isn’t getting any better. From the chronic pain, to the inability to get up and down, in an out of the car, out of bed, sitting on the toilet, getting out social, and doing the things that you used to love to do. Your goal however is to put off the surgery for as long as you can, because your too young to have a total knee replacement right now, and they may have to do another one in your lifetime once this “new one” wears out. Besides they told you that you need to lose some weight first, and this only frustrates you because how are you supposed to do that when you knee pain won’t allow you too.
Besides which: There is NO GUARANTEE that the $40K to $50K knee surgery will work!
Before we begin with what kind of knee pain treatment we are doing, it’s important to discuss the entire “work-up” process. What makes our office unique is our in-depth, extremely thorough, neurological evaluation.
You see, the fact that you are experiencing chronic pain in the knee indicates the necessity to evaluate you neurologically. Allow me to explain.
It’s true that you know and believe that you have your chronic knee pain because of “osteoarthritis” or because of an old injury that never really seemed to heal properly, and somewhat endowed you with a life sentence of knee pain. However, studies have shown that there are people with osteoarthritis, even SEVERE osteoarthritis that DO NOT HAVE ANY PAIN!
Furthermore, there are people out there that injured their knees, that did the same thing but they are not suffering.
What’s the difference between those that continue to suffer vs those that do not, when each group may have the exactly same problem? The answer is the suffering group has a neurological breakdown somewhere. Hence the necessity for a thorough neurological evaluation.
The first neurological test we will perform is a vibration test—checking large diameter afferents that fire 270 mph to the brain. In a healthy functioning nervous system, we should be able to feel vibration quickly, accurately, and in the same manner from right to left, and hands to feet. However because these nerve pathways (LDA) are the first to demyelinate, if we discover a discrepancy in your vibration sensation, than we know your Large diameter afferents have lost the ability to inhibit pain!
Revealing one of the major reasons why you are still suffering.
Here is the list of the other neurological tests that we perform… Joint Position Sense, 2-Point Discrimination, Reflexes, Eye Movement, CN 5,7,9,11, 12, Rhombergs, Finger to nose, Dysdiadochokinesia, and a Step test.
After all are performed, we will have a great idea as to what cutting edge knee pain treatments you will receive.
The latest, cutting-edge knee pain treatments:
1) –Class IV laser therapy—deep penetration (avicenna laser)
Therapeutic laser therapy in one word is simply “awesome”. Here is the list of what it does:
- Accelerated cell reproduction and growth.
- Faster wound healing. The laser stimulates fibroblast development (these are like the building blocks) in damaged tissue. This can help in the reduction of recovery time.
- Increased metabolic activity. Helps the body increase output of specific enzymes; induces oxygen to blood cells and more effective immune response.
- Reduced fibrous tissue formation. The laser reduces the formation of scar tissue following tissue damage from cuts, scratches, burns, or following surgery.
- Anti-inflammatory action. The laser reduces swelling caused by bruising or inflammation of joints to give improved joint mobility.
- Increased vascular and nerve activity. The laser stimulates lymph and blood circulation to allow the affected tissue to have the best possible circulation. It may help stimulate nerve function. If you have slow recovery or nerve dysfunction in damaged tissue, it can result in “dead” limbs or numb areas. Laser will speed the process of nerve cell reconnection to bring the numb areas back to life. Laser also increases the amplitude of action potentials: to optimize muscle action.
2) Earth Wrap Infra-Red Deep Penetrating Therapy: Infra-red is another wavelength spectrum of light that is used for healing. It’s basically a deep penetrating healing modality that will simply help you heal quicker.
3) Peripheral Neuropathy Rehab Therapy at 7.83 HZ: If we so happened to have found a problem with you large diameter afferents neurologically, then this therapy works to rebuild your nerve pathway so as to open the nerve channels naturally, stimulate healing, and most importantly, reduce pain.
So, when you come into our office for our knee pain treatment protocol, I’m going to give you a thorough neurological as described above, and I am going to give you my best recommendation to help you as fast as possible!
In parting…Information without action is NOT going to help you! Reading this has provided you with the information regarding knee pain treatment, now it’s your turn to take action. I look forward to helping you in the future!